Friday 23 September 2011

SSS Days 19,20,21, 22 & 23 & tv-less school holiday fun

 

Wow, this week has gone so fast!  Its been crazy at the office, and the kids are on school holidays as well, so I haven’t had much spare time. Sewing has been on hold too.  Miss 6 wore a dress (the same pattern as last posts) and a skirt that I made last Summer.

P9180104  P9240010 P9240011

And I made her a new dress out of a Size 8 skirt that none of us could fit, but I loved the fabric. I took off the wide waistband and cut is shorter, then reattached it to the skirt, and added another pleat or two.  Two buttons on the band to fasten, straps, and I used the ric-rac I have been dying to use.

P9240011   P9240013

On Thursday I wore my favourite rose skirt, and Friday the dress, which I didn’t photograph again.  I have just bought a mannequin on ebay for better selling photos, so I may just dress it and take photos instead of trying to take photos of myself from now on – it certainly looks better in clothes than me!  Master 6 loves it!

P9190108  P9210002

The children have spent a week with grandma and grandpa (who live next door), and have been busy with bike riding and scooters, and walks on the beach, sewing, making pasta from scratch, baking and hammering nails and using the drill.

P7040003   P9190107

Next week our other Grandmother from Melbourne is visiting, so there will be lots of block building and puzzles, like this one of Times Square we just finished (500 pieces). 

P9240009

Enjoy a little bit of vintage/sewing and puzzling in your day xx

                                                           Vintage Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment