Tuesday 6 September 2011

Self Stitched September – Day 6

 

Another day another skirt.  This one was simply too small, at a size 8, but was only $1 and I loved the fabric in my favourite red and black. It has almost a bark-cloth texture and looks like ikat weaving from Bali (although this is printed not woven).

 P9010220   P9010221

I just cut of the waistband/yoke and attached a new, thinner one, leaving out two of the pleats.  I lined the waistband with curtain topping (the bit you put the hooks in) and overlapped it.  Then just two button holes (easier than I thought!) and buttons.  It is actually a bit looser at the waist than I had hoped, so I might tighten it a bit for the next wear.

 P9060001   P9060002

I had a busy selling weekend on ebay, so I must go and list some more things, like this cute 60s dress below.

P9040095  If only I was a size 10 like my daughter !

Have a great vintage/crafty/thrifty day xx

                                                           Vintage Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment