Thursday 8 September 2011

Self Stitched September Day 7, lots of tomatoes & my spring colour palette attempt

A busy day.  I wore thrift shop today, although with new shoes in a great vintage style and only $29 at Rivers.  I know I spent money, but shoes, underwear and make up are the only things I buy new now  (although I have found some great new underwear at the thrift shop recently!).  The red rose hair clip is to keep the dress top together.

P9070048  4940WDRES_blackpatent_side_t

Miss Six did wear a little dress I made her, after school.  I started it last summer and finally finished it last week. I actually used a pattern too.  Here she is picking cherry tomatoes in the side garden, that has run rampant in the week since I last watered it.

  P9070019   P9070020

In the close up of the fabric you can the cherries, or maybe tomatoes, are upside down – oops!

And here are her new shoes – sparkly runners (on special at Rivers too for $6 I swear). She has just learnt to tie her laces, and her brothers too!

P9070051     P9080061

II started cutting out another dress this afternoon.  The same Vogue pattern I used last time, but with a full skirt.  I really wanted to make the copy 1957 pattern I found, but it uses over 7 metres of fabric! 

P9070055   P9070054

That is one expensive dress, and very Dior new look, which used an extravagant amount of fabric as opposed to the austerity of the war years.  The dress on the left uses about 3 1/2m, which I happened to have in a black and strawberry print.  I’ll take this dress slowly, and hopefully finish it next week.

 P9070053

I have created my mood board for the Fall (spring) Colour pallette Challenge.  I just can’t work how to share it and insert it into my blog yet. So here is the print screen version!

mood board

You can sort of get the idea, but I will try again!

Have a great vintage/crafty/thrifty/colourful day xx

                                                           Vintage Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment