Saturday 24 September 2011

SSS Day 24, Saturday thrift finds & 1950s dress patterns

 

Saturday and thrift shop day.  Treasures today include a cane side table with a magazine rack below ($2), a teapot ($1), a set of 6 glasses with gold etching ($3), two sets of orange of 4 melamine cups and saucers ($2 each), a puzzle box with 8 separate puzzles in it ($1) and a round smoke glass topped coffee table ($5).

P9240083   P9240084 

I also found 2 old silver cups that were given as trophy's in 1982 ($1 each), which I bought for master 6 who loves to polish things.

P9240003   P9240016

I am going to paint the timber of the coffee table black, and use it in the office.

My thrift shopping out fit today was a made-by-me simple elastic waist skirt, thrift top an a chiffon scarf - modelled by my new friend (who really needs a name I think, if anyone knows of a good one).

 P9240017

And look what came in the post last night!

P9240012

Original 1950s patterns, in my size, all the way from Canada, via Etsy. I think I may start with the dress on the left, given it is getting into summer here.  It’s a one piece dress with a detachable collar, which should be interesting.  Aren’t the suits gorgeous though!? Mind you, I really should go on work on the other dress I started a few weeks ago!

Enjoy a little bit of vintage/sewing in your day xx

                                                           Vintage Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment