Sunday 4 September 2011

Self Stitched September – Day 3 and a party

 

Saturday - no school uniforms, and, excitingly, a party day!  Today’s party is for our twin next door neighbour Misses who are turning six, and is at our local beach playground.  My little Miss Six is wearing the circle skirt I made for her a few weeks ago.

P9030028   P9030037

P9030038

A lovely party, face painting and everything.  Above are the three Miss Sixes. And guess what we found on the way home?!

P9030044  P9030045

A real live scotty dog!  We did a u-turn in the car and accosted the poor owners, who happily talked all abut “Jody” and let us have a pat.  Jody is ten and has lived in hot Mackay for nine of her ten years, and very happily through summer.  So I need not feel guilty if I choose to get one!  This is only the third scotty I have seen in Mackay, and there are no breeders here, so it is still a dream.  But one day……

While Miss Six was partying, we were busy installing her new – old – dressing table and bedspreads.  ($50 and $5 each at the op shop this week).  The result?

P9030047   P9030048

P9030051   P9030050

She loves them, an Master Six who shares the room is quite happy too -  the dressing table has secret drawers in the cupboards, for all his treasures.  And how amazing is the fabric?!  I think its late 60s or early 70s, and is a rayon/cotton mix, made in Japan.   The teddies and bunny are all op shop finds too (I cannot take her to one without coming home without another one, because “it’s so lonely Mum”).

Finally the day ended, and I got to sit on my favourite kitchen stool with my vintage mags and a glass of red while hubby drove Ms Teen to a party.

P9030058   Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment