Thursday 15 September 2011

SSS days 14, 15 & Spring Gardening

 

It’s already the third week of spring, and my thoughts are turning to the garden.  I found this lovely supplement in my 1950s Australian Home Beautiful Magazine.  I have tried to insert the PDF, but I think without success, so here is a pretty photo of rhododendrons instead.

P9130041 P9130043

If anyone knows how to insert pdfs with live writer, please let me know!

I am following some of the tips on lawn care, such as aeration and reseeding dead patches.  Our dog just nicely began the aeration process for me, so I have know reseeded the middle of the back lawn.  I need to teach him to dig under the trees where the grass is non-existent!

Wednesday’s outfit is a skirt I made last week, with a slightly tighter waist.

P9140002

Thursday’s outfit is a thrift blouse and a floral pencil skirt that I just whipped up!

P9150078

I had a little fabric left from the dress I made a few weeks ago, and decided a skirt would be nice too.  I used the skirt piece of the pattern from the dress (vogue easy option V8555), in the longer length, and just added a waistband, with a small back zip an a button . 

P8120050   dress

P8120051  

Very wiggly!

Enjoy a little bit of vintage in your day xx

                                                           Vintage Mama

Windows Live Tags: Australian,Home,Beautiful,Magazine,lawn,aeration,thrift,fabric,vogue,Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment