Saturday 6 August 2011

Vintage Mama Vintage and Retro

 

I have been selling things on ebay on and off for about five years now.  It’s time to get serious.  My collection of clothes, books and bits and pieces has grown, and grows every week as I hit the thrift shops, so I have decided to open a shop on ebay.  This way I hope to make a little money, and bring the idea of vintage to more people, affordably.

You can view my store here.  Oh, it’s called Vintage Mama Vintage and Retro.

Saturday is my thrift store day and my finds today were these:

P8060006

A table cloth that actually fits my table, and a glass jug with six matching glasses (that blend nicely in to the cloth I know!)– just perfect for us when my elder son is at uni and there are six of us!  Cost - glassware $7 and cloth $4.

I also bought this cloth that is a bit small, but looks cute on an angle:

P8060007

I love the earthy colours, even though I am really into red and blacks, so I might have to keep it.  And I know my dining set is not 50s, but trying to buy 50s furniture in Mackay (middle of Queensland) is difficult.  Our population is growing so quickly that there isn’t that much second hand furniture that is affordable, around.  But I keep looking. I did pick this gorgeous couch up a few weeks ago at a thrift shop ($45 inc delivery) – late 50s early 60s I think, and only a little crack in the vinyl on one arm.  It actually has pale green cushion covers on the seat, and matching arm protectors, but I am into red, so just covered it all with some red fabric.  I’ll make covers one day.

P7120011

I found this sweet tray today too, but as I really have to many now I will definitely put it in the ebay shop.

P8060026

I have finally worked out that clothes look better when modelled rather than flat, so I have roped in my teenage daughter for some modelling ( not that she was really happy about it, but I did promise money for the movies, and I promised not to show her face!). Here she is modelling a cute leopard print lined jacket (it’s a bit big, as she is an 8 to 10), and her lovely friend Alana who just happed to drop by (and is a perfect size 12) in a lovely 80s dress.

P8060020   P8060021

I am sure practice with photographing  headless girls will make me better – I have spent years trying not to do just that!.

Have a lovely weekend – I have to go for a bike ride with the children now……

No comments:

Post a Comment