Friday 12 August 2011

Self Stitched Challenge

 

I finally bought a new sewing machine, after my last one died a few years ago.  It’s an Elna and cost me $150 new.

P8120002

Here is my first item – a little circle skirt for my youngest daughter.  I actually sewed the hem by hand, which took a while but the pattern itself was quite simple. You can view a video tutorial here

 P8120040   P8120038

 P8120041   P8120039

It has a simple elastic waist band and no side seams- great for twirling!

To commit to using my machine, and to get my monies worth,  I have joined the Self-stitched Sept 11 challenge.  It is for people who

“ wish to challenge themselves to wear their lovely handmade creations more than they currently tend to for the duration of September 2011. The signee decides the specifics of their own challenge, eg, what constitutes 'self-stitched', how many self-stitched garments they plan to wear each day, and so on. It is then up to them to try and stick to this throughout the month as best they can. It is not a competition, it doesn't matter if a participant isn't able to fulfil their pledge, life has a habit of getting in the way of good intentions!”

So -'I, Deb Clark (http://alittlebit50s.blogspot.com/), sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to wear, or get one of my children wear a hand made or refashioned item each day for the duration of September 2011.'

I aim to take a photo each day as proof!

If you want to join, click on the ink here.

I have a few patterns and some fabric, so I’d better get sewing…………

No comments:

Post a Comment