Monday 8 August 2011

Cookies

I have just made the most delicious biscuits without a recipe.  Well, now there’s one, but you know what I mean!

I had the oven on for cauliflower cheese and roast veg to go with the corned beef for dinner (first time – yummy!), and didn’t want to waste it.  There were no eggs or butter, so desert was a peach fool – pureed tin of peaches mixed with whipped cream and bit of yoghurt, but we still needed something for school lunches. 

Making treats at home is more 50s and cheaper and healthier than buying pre-made, so I do try!  Luckily I buy my oil by the tin – 4 litres at a time, – so there was still a cup left. 

Here is my recipe for ‘but I really need another cookie too mum even if it is bath time’ pantry cookies:

1/2 cup oil

1 cup sugar (it makes anything taste good)

1 cup plain flour

1/2 cup chopped nuts (any, but I had cashews)

1/2 cup dried fruit (my children hate sultanas, so I used goji berries)

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup  of liquid ( I used the syrup from the tinned peaches at dessert)

Mix together and put tablespoons full on a greased baking tray.  Place in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes.

The result?

P8030001  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment