Friday 1 July 2011

Charity Shopping and 50s style

This is my new blog- since I have realised I prefer vintage to actually being green and environmentally friendly, although it is basically the same thing. So chic greenmama is no more. Anyway......

I spent a lovely morning with the kids browsing charity shops (op shops as we call them) – a lot cheaper than the mall or shopping centre when you have five children!  They ended up with some toys and board games, including Jumanji for 50cents, and my six year old son even found himself three brand new t-shirts for $4 each.  He is the fussiest of all my children, so this was fantastic for me. He really wants a black leather   jacket like his older brother has – so we are on the look out.  He loves the  50s jeans and black jacket rock and roll look, and his t-shirts either are lain white, like the 'Fonz', or feature classic cars.  None of my influence, I assure you!

For myself I bought two great outfits: Grey pencil skirt and red TS tank ($4 and $6, not really 50s but cute), and black and white skirt and red sweater top, with black nino pucci shoes (All $4 each). I left the tags on in the photos so you can see I am not cheating!
  
  

A great shopping morning, and I also found some cute vintage knit wear in smaller sizes that I may convince my daughters to wear.

I am off to dad’s 68th birthday celebration tonight.  His gift?  Along with a bottle of scotch, a vintage metal golf ball picker-upperer.  What else do you get someone of that age who has everything?!  This one came from a white elephant stall at the school fete – I was the only one who knew what it was, so they let me have it for a dollar, including one golf ball. He is sure to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment